Company closed our whole division

JOHNDEEREGN

Administrator
Staff member
Well 93 days into my "dream job" they hired a new CEO at the same time and the first thing he did was close our division...... I have never been in this spot and would appreciate your thoughts. This is nuts,

rmar

2 Bus Lengths Behind Foo
Sorry Ty, did they have any options to relocate or even try to offer any type of placement.?

JOHNDEEREGN

Administrator
Staff member
No they didn't and I just emptied our savings to pay the boys college student loans, I have a couple feelers out right now, but no offers. I have never been in this spot, and it sucks.

aminga

Head Peter Puffer
It happened to me about 16 years ago. And it was the best thing that happened. But it sure didn't seem so at the time. Call me if you need to you got the digits

spoolfool2

Best Damn Bumper Fillers Bar None!
That totally sucks balls.
This is why I started my own company almost thirty years ago. There have been many days, weeks, months and even a few years that my employees made more than I did. But, in all that time I've never laid myself off. Sorry to hear that you got the rug pulled out from under you.

rmar

2 Bus Lengths Behind Foo
It's not the economy as much as the knee jerk cut throat managing tactics.

spoolfool2

It's not the economy as much as the knee jerk cut throat managing tactics.
Agreed. In the old days, if a company pulled this shit, they'd be hard pressed to get new employees. Who'd want to sign up for that. My guess is that they are skating on thin ice as a company.

You know what happens when companies lay off a bunch of people at once? They start up their own company and are now their competition. ;)

That's what I did thirty years ago and never looked back.

rmar

2 Bus Lengths Behind Foo
That totally sucks balls.
This is why I started my own company almost thirty years ago. There have been many days, weeks, months and even a few years that my employees made more than I did. But, in all that time I've never laid myself off. Sorry to hear that you got the rug pulled out from under you.
But your boss is a dick. Always out surfing, skydiving, cruzin.

spoolfool2

Talk to us Tractor Tramp.
What's the game plan here? I'll ship your ass out West to make bumper fillers if it all goes to shit. Of course you may have to trade in your truck for a Prius and learn to like tofu. :eek: We got some smokin hot chicks here too. Unfortunately, they already have girlfriends. o_O